Wednesday, September 9, 2009

36 Week Doctor's Appointment

We had an appointment with our favorite doctor yesterday! There's 4 doctors at the office I go to and you have appointments with all of them because you never know which one will be on call at the hospital when you're delivering. I'm ok with all of them but Dr. Vaclavik is really my favorite. I'm hoping that he's the one that will be there when I go into labor. I lost 2 pounds since my last appointment! I'm not sure how that happened because I've been eating A LOT of food and I have also been laying in bed A LOT. He wasn't worried though because he doesn't really care how much weight I gain as long as I'm within the range and the baby is growing normally, which we both are!

I asked him if I needed to make a birth plan or anything and he told me not to. I thought it was kind of weird that all these women had birth plans telling the doctor what to do. I mean, I'm not a doctor so I won't be trying to tell him how to do his job. I'm sure he can do it much better then me. He said that a lot of times women make up these crazy birth plans and are then upset when everything doesn't go perfectly to their plan. This really isn't something I can plan so I'm thinking I'll just go with the flow and do things how my baby girl wants to do them. I did make sure to ask him if it would be possible to keep the baby with me directly after the birth to breastfeed right away. I heard that's beneficial. He said he recommends that unless there's problems with me or the baby, then we might need to be separated. He did a strep test and gave me a thing to go get more blood work done. It's never ending!

Our focus now is figuring out which car seat we want to use and installing it so we can bring it to have it checked ahead of time. If it's not an approved car seat of it's not installed correctly they don't let you take your baby home and I don't want any surprises that day, so we need to do that ahead of time. We also still need a pediatrician. It's not like I have crazy/demanding criteria or anything but I just haven't gotten a good enough vibe at any of the offices I've looked into. Plus I have to make sure they have all the important stuff, like accept my insuranse and are affiliated with the hospital I'm delivering at. It might be awhile before we settle on one...

I've been good. I haven't really had any crazy pregnancy cravings until now, but they are officially here. I've been waking Jeff up in the middle of the night for crazy food combinations. He's been lucky until now because I haven't bothered him much in the middle of the night except for when I was feeling sick. I'm getting super anxious for her to be born. I sit in the glider in her room a lot and just look around at all her stuff. I know I should be enjoying the quiet time but I'm really just excited about all of it. It's a little scary, but I know that with everything Jeff & I have been through, we will be there for each other through every crazy newborn night!

No comments:

Post a Comment