Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ultrasound & Heartbeat!

Monday was a pretty epic day for us, despite the way it started. My morning sickness kicked into FULL gear starting around midnight on Monday. I was eating crackers in bed at all hours of the morning. It is definitely the worst yet. It really hasn't subsided since then. I've been pretty miserable the last two days/nights. I went to costco to buy bulk crackers and I'm going to keep them right by my bed. I need to do some research on what else helps the nausea also, because I'm pretty miserable with it.

But onto the BIG news of the ultrasound. I was super nervous going in because of the blood so I was relived to hear that everything was going great. We actually saw the baby for the first time, since in the last picture we couldn't actually see anything and the biggest surprise was the heartbeat! Words cannot express hearing that little heart beat for the first time. It was incredible. You always see people freak out over it and wonder why, well now I realize! That little heartbeat represents the life of my baby. It's all still so amazing to me. I'm really just trying to enjoy every little part of this pregnancy.

It's still so early that not much has even happened yet. I can't wait for all the little surprises and miracles that will come our way. My priorities have really begun to shift and in some ways I really believe my whole way of thinking has changed. I know I might complain in here about being emotional, tired, and nauseous, but all of that doesn't change the fact that all of this is so magical to me.

Jeff & I started going to a newborn care class on Monday. The first class wasn't all that impressive but she promised they get better. I'm so excited to learn and grow with Jeff & our new family. As much as I can't wait to meet our little baby, I want to make sure I enjoy the pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment