Friday, February 20, 2009

Sleep Trouble

My biggest complaint lately is that I cannot sleep. I'm used to sleeping on my back but I can't sleep on my back anymore, I have to sleep on my left side. Jeff got me a body pillow which helps a little with sleeping on my side, but not much. In addition to not being able to get comfortable, every little sound or light keeps me awake. It's like all of a sudden I need a completely quiet & dark room to sleep in when I've never needed that before. Last night was awful... let me explain. We got into bed at 8:30, talked until 10, and I drifted off to sleep around 10:30. I slept well until 2AM when I woke up and could not get back to sleep. I watched the clock until 4AM and then I went upstairs to the other bed. The dog was sleeping with us in the bed downstairs and was being very annoying so I thought that was keeping me up.

Then I layed awake upstairs until 4:30AM when Jeff came up and asked me if I was alright. He thought I just got up to go to the bathroom and was puzzled when I didn't come back. He sat up with me for a little while and asked me if there was anything I needed. At this point since I'd been up so long I was getting hungry/nauseous. He went down and got me some saltine crackers and a bottle of water. He talked to me while I ate and when I was done I told him to go back downstairs to bed so maybe I could get some sleep. I eventually fell asleep again but I don't know what time it was and when my alarm clock went off this morning for work I felt like absolute crap.

I should be getting MORE sleep now that I''m pregnant but I'm getting much less. Not all nights are as bad as this one but I wake up at least twice a night and can't sleep straight through the night anymore. It's so frustrating because it makes me so tired and extra cranky all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment