Monday, July 13, 2009

Baby Brain

Let me just tell you a little something about baby brain. It makes it just about impossible to function. I have never felt so stupid or made more mistakes in my life! Let's not even get into the mistakes I make at work, but let's just talk about my daily life. This weekend alone I spent a good two hours doing something only to realize that I shouldn't have done it at all, paid the same credit card bill twice instead of paying the 2 different ones, cooked a meal so wrong that I wound up having to throw it all out, bought the wrong color paint for the nursery, and somehow lost 5 baby socks. So now I have 5 single socks without their match. I still don't even know how that one happened. I'm constantly forgetting to do things, and if I don't forget about it, then I just mess it up. It's pretty frustrating. I never really understood the whole baby brain thing until I started to experience it, but I'm really starting to wonder how I get anything done!

When I got to work today 2 people mentioned that it looked like I had a belly growth spurt this weekend. I guess it's hard for me to see the gradual change but sometimes I look down at my stomach and I'm just amazed at how big it is and I have no recollection of it growing. It's pretty weird. I think I felt baby hiccups for the first time the other day which was pretty exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment