Friday, July 24, 2009

29 Weeks

I don't want to say I've entered what everyone calls "the uncomfortable point" of pregnancy quite yet because I'm sure I'll only get more uncomfortable from now on, but I think I can safely say that I won't get any sleep for the rest of my pregnancy. By far my current biggest complaint is the fact that I just can't sleep. I can't nap & I can't sleep at night. Even if I'm exhausted by the time I get into bed, it still takes me forever to fall asleep and I wake up pretty much every hour from pain or having to pee. This makes me REALLY tired all day long. At work I find myself falling asleep at my desk and class is almost impossible to get through. My professor asked me if I was alright after class on Tuesday because I was falling asleep in his class.

On the other hand I'm getting super anxious. Throughout the pregnancy I've made a lot of pregnant friends and they are starting to give birth since most of them are ahead of me pregnancy-wise. I've been listening to their end of pregnancy struggles / birth stories and it just makes me very anxious to be where they are. I realize we aren't ready for our little girl quite yet, but it doesn't stop from making me want to meet her.

Jeff's mom also got us an iCrib which I didn't even know they made but it's AWESOME:

You can connect your ipod in the back of it and hang it on the crib. That little white thing on top is also a night light. So now I've got to put together an awesome baby playlist and load in on my ipod shuffle for her so it's all ready to sooth her to sleep :)

We got the crib delivered but it was damaged. Jeff took it to Babies R Us and returned it a couple days ago. That box was so heavy, and I have no idea how he did that by himself or got it into and out of the car, but he did it. I just ordered the new crib on the phone. They gave me 10% off & free shipping for it being damaged & I also found a 15% off coupon for any crib, so I picked out a better crib. Actually I picked out 3 cribs and let Jeff pick out of those 3. He picked this one:



I love it & I think it will look great in the nursery - which is coming along quite nicely if I do say so myself :) Even though I bought the wrong paint, I used it and it looks great. Between the paint and the furniture it kind of has a boy theme, but I'm sure I can accessorize it girly. I'm also really pleased with how the glider looks in the room. We got it for free so it didn't match the furniture at all but the cushions match the trim PERFECTLY! I don't think I could have picked out a better match myself. I thought it would look bad in the room but it actually looks really good. So all that's left is to wait for the crib and then accessorize.

Yesterday Jeff was tapping on my stomach and the baby was tapping back to him which was really great to experience. Now that she can recognize patterns she can tap back exactly what he taps - as long as he doesn't make it too complicated :P

No comments:

Post a Comment