Thursday, August 6, 2009

Baby Shower, Nursery, & Back Pain

Lots going on all of a sudden! The baby shower was Sunday and it was great. We got everything on our registry except the breast pump and a whole mess of other things! We have more clothes than she will ever be able to wear and more blankets than she will ever be able to use. I did a little bit of returning and we will use that store credit to buy the breast pump. I wish I would have listened to everyone telling me not to buy anything until after the baby shower but I obviously couldn't wait because I'm so impatient. So baby stuff is now taking over the entire house. Oh well!

The crib was delivered on Tuesday and we set it up and it looks BEAUTIFUL! The nursery is complete. We got 2 gift cards at the baby shower that we will be using for decorations this weekend to add some pink to her room. We're still working on putting everything away but there's no way that we have enough room for everything we have. We might need to pick up some extra storage-type-organizer-things this weekend also.

Yesterday was rough. I woke up and got up to go to the bathroom and fell to the floor. I totally wasn't expecting the back pain. I couldn't even walk or put any kind of pressure on my left leg. I tried to not make a big deal out of it because I knew Jeff had an exam yesterday but quickly realized I couldn't do that. I couldn't even get out of bed. Jeff called the pregnancy chiropractor and even though his office was closed yesterday, he came in for an appointment with me. I'm a very lucky girl! We had to wait until 10:00 for his to get there though so Jeff also called our regular doctor and asked what he could do for me in the meantime. I told him I'd drive him to class and go to the chiropractor by myself but he wouldn't let me. He stayed right by my side the whole time. What an amazing man. He called his school and arranged to make up the class and the exam that afternoon, which worked out perfect. He took care of everything while I layed in bed.

The chiropractor told me that my sciatic nerve was severely inflamed on the left side - and also some other stuff that I didn't understand and don't remember. This is about the time that I remembered I hurt my lower back in track a few years back. He said that since the area was already weak from that, this pregnancy was really affecting that area. He did A LOT of adjusting and even showed Jeff the trigger points that he could massage that would help me and showed him how to do it. Since Jeff is going to school for massage thearapy right now he really enjoyed that. Our appointment took forever between the amount of stuff he did and the amount of talking he did with Jeff. I walked out in worse shape then I went in with Jeff practically carrying me but started to feel better gradually throughout the day. Today I'm limping, but at least I can put some pressure on my left leg. I think it's strange that it's only my left side that hurts, but I guess that's the side that I injured. I have another chiropractor appointment Saturday morning. Hopefully this pain won't last until she's born because it's pretty unbearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment