Tuesday, October 6, 2009

40 Weeks & No Dialation : /

Still no baby, unfortunately. I am getting pretty impatient but I know that I've got to wait for her to be ready. We had an appointment yesterday and I was not dialated at all. He told me to come back for an appointment Friday with dates that I might want to be induced. I *really* don't want to be induced. Everyone who has been through it says it's so much worse to be induced.... and even the doctor said it takes much longer. I would rather just wait till she's ready then rush things & make us both miserable. I don't like the fact that it's just not natural. But they won't let me go 2 weeks past my due date without being induced. I'm not sure why. Jeff & I plan to ask more questions about this on Friday if I make it to my appointment.

Some days I feel better then others, but for the most part, my whole body is just sore and tired. Jeff had to completely get me ready for work this morning by dressing me, cooking me breakfast, getting my stuff & lunch together, and dropping me off at work. This morning I was having a hard time. Hopefully things will get easier or I will go into labor really soon!

I think the worst part is anticipating everything. I'm nervous about the birth and scared about everything that could go wrong but Jeff has made the good point that worrying doesn't help anything and just being relaxed is the best thing I can do for myself now. As much as I'm NOT looking forward to the actual birth, I can't stop thinking about our lives after our little princess is finally here. I'm looking forward to being away from work and getting to spend 100% of my time and energy on my family. I know it'll be crazy and frustrating but I really can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment